- To provide quality, caring, and flexible learning centers to families
- To ensure open communication between staff, parents, and children.
- To provide professional staff who promote self-esteem, growth, independence, and individuality in every child, and encourage creativity while maintaining a loving and safe environment.
- To Foster a Positive Identity Including Understanding Themselves, Their Community and Their World
- To Foster a Sense of Social & Emotional Well-Being
- To Encourage Language and Literacy
- To Encourage Physical Development & Skills
- To Encourage Creative Expression and Appreciation For the Arts
- To Encourage Children to Think, Reason, Question, & Experiment
At Safe Hands the classrooms are organized into the following learning centers: dramatic play, art, library, block building, writing, and manipulative. The learning centers provide opportunities for learning in many different ways and with many different styles.
The toys, furniture, and supplies in each classroom are also organized with pictures and word labels to provide a print rich environment to promote literacy.
At Safe Hands Learning Center, we know that the teachers need to provide a delicate balance between control and freedom to promote the desired sense of security. That’s why at Safe Hands Learning Center we aim to reach that perfect balance of structure and free choice. The general schedule that the teacher follows provides the structure and guidance that children need, while the flexibility of the schedule allows for child led ideas and initiatives. Each classroom at Safe hands Learning Center has a flexible schedule that is catered to the developmental needs of the children in that room.