The Creative Curriculum ® for Preschool
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success. Comprising The Foundation, five research-based volumes that provide the knowledge base of the curriculum, and the Daily Resources, which offer step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides and additional daily teaching tools, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards.
Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- – is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- – presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- – offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- – addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- – offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- – offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- – contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
The following link discusses the objectives that Creative Curriculum help children meet:
Creative curriculum focuses on children’s discovery. We believe that all children are unique and no two children learn in the same way. Therefore our studies are child directed allowing the children to focus on all of the intricate nuances of children, such as their creativity, their imagination, and their curiosity, while continuing to emphasize each child’s individuality in those areas.
Our studies are merely possibilities. as we follow the leading and interests of the children. We believe they are the experts in discovering themselves.
The studies are venues for furthering development. While the children may be engrossed in the caterpillar we found on the tree, we know that they are also gaining new vocabulary, discovering standards of measurement, classifying objects, and practicing social skills.
As a parent, you want the best for your child-the right schools, the right friends, the best education money can buy- every advantage life has to offer. Did you know that competency in a second language gives kids a competitive edge, not only now but throughout the rest of their lives? We offer children the opportunity to learn Spanish through age appropriate activities. Children’s brains are like sponges, their learning potential is endless. We teach children common Spanish vocabulary such as colors, foods, body parts, etc. Your child will be well on its way to beginning a wonderful bilingual journey!
Baby Sign Language
We teach sign language as early as 6 months of age. As a little one begins to realize that sign language associations result in needs being met baby begins to form a deeper bond with the parent or caregiver as she or he satisfies those needs. This very important bond is particularly beautiful when the child’s needs are addressed quickly reinforcing the value of communication. By providing your baby or toddler with a tool to identify objects and emotions even before they develop verbal skills your little one will be able to make connections and associations that will set the stage for better learning processes.
- – We utilize creative teaching elements (Bible story videos and apps) to to teach the Bible.
- – We immerse children in the gospel through every story, theological concept, and call to mission from Genesis to Revelation
- – Provide a deeper Bible study experience